Information on Incoming Student Mobility for Studies
- European Policy Statement
- Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020
- Guidelines on how to use the Learning Agreement for studies
- List of Erasmus Departmental Co-ordinators
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
- Location: The city of Patras | The city of Agrinio
- How to reach the University
- Academic calendar 2020/2021
- Winter semester / Whole academic year: May 20
- Spring semester: September 30
- Nominations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter semester / Whole academic year: June 20
- Spring semester: October 31
- Winter semester usually runs from the last week of September to the beginning of February. Spring semester begins within the first two weeks of February and ends in late June.
The application process must be completed online within the respective deadline.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Online Student Application Form
- Learning Agreement (signed by the student and by the sending Institution)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Statement of purpose
- Passport or ID
- Transcript of Records (provided by the sending Institution)
- Application for accommodation at the Hostel of the University of Patras (optional)
All the above must be submitted online. Documents sent by email or post will not be accepted.
Applications will be processed after the respective deadline. Letters of Acceptance will be sent to the students by email upon their request.
Accommodation options for Incoming students:
- Accommodation at Hostel UPatras which is located 4 Km from the main University Campus (there is regular bus service to the campus and to the center of Patras). The Hostel is owned by the University and operated by the Directorate of Student Affairs. Monthly rent is set at 130€ for a single room and 90€ per person for a double room. The price includes electricity/water/heating expenses and internet connection. A security deposit equal to one month’s rent is also required.
Important note: In order to ensure room availability for both semesters, students are expected to check out four days after the official end date of winter semester, at the latest, and check in five days before the start date of spring semester, at the earliest, unless otherwise informed by the responsible person at Hostel UPatras.
- Private accommodation: Students should make their own arrangements. Assistance may be provided by ESN UoPA.
After the deadline, students will receive an automatic email informing them that their online application has been approved and will then be able to find their Learning Agreement (duly signed by the receiving Institution) on the Erasmus+ Platform.
Letters of Acceptance will be sent to the students by email upon their request.
EU incoming students must make sure they obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) prior to their arrival.
Non-EU students must obtain insurance coverage equivalent to the one provided by the European Health Insurance Card prior to their arrival.
Insurance should be valid for the entire period of stay in Greece.
Permission to enter Greece (visa)
EU/EEA citizens do not need visa to enter or stay in Greece. However, a valid passport or an ID card stating their nationality is necessary.
Non-EU/EEA citizens should consult the Hellenic Embassies or Consulates in their home countries about the relevant visa requirements.
Erasmus+ incoming students should register:
- at the International Relations Office (located on the ground floor of the Administration Building)
- at the receiving academic Department (students are advised to carry a copy of their ID/passport and Learning Agreement as well as 3 passport-size photos)
For information about courses they may choose, and any other academic-related questions incoming students should contact the Erasmus Coordinator of the receiving academic Department (based on the inter-institutional agreement).
Greek Language Course – Course on Greek Culture and Civilization
The Greek Language and Culture Lab offers two types of courses to Erasmus+ incoming students of the University of Patras:
- Greek Language Course – Modern Greek I (6 ECTS). It is a language course providing basic knowledge of Greek for communicative purposes. No prior knowledge of Greek is required.
- Introduction to Greek Civilization & Culture (3 ECTS). It is a series of lectures introducing students to some landmarks of Greek civilization in ancient and modern times and in relation to the history of Patras.
Students who wish to attend either or both courses must include them in their Learning Agreement. Both courses are offered in the winter and spring semesters and are free of charge. (Info: http://greeklab.upatras.gr/)
Erasmus Student Network University of Patras (ESN UOPA) is a non-profit student organisation made up of volunteers who work to support international students and enhance their exchange experience under the motto “Students Helping Students”. ESN UOPA offers to assign each incoming exchange student to an ESN Buddy, essentially a local student and ESN volunteer who can answer your questions and provide support especially before and during the mobility period.
Learn more or contact ESN UOPA on:
We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Patras!